Helping Hands

As requested, I am doing a posting devoted to hand creams. Since I am not particularly well-versed on this subject, I asked some friends for their personal faves....



Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve is Shelby's #1 hand moisturizer and I think it might just be my next purchase for the winter months. Its is a thick, rich formula offering all-day care and protection by forming a "glove-like" barrier against moisture loss.


A couple of Christmases ago my sister gave me L'Occitane 100% Shea Butter and its been on my bedside table ever since. Because its rather thick and semi-greasy, I only use it at night. Its great for hands and feet.



Since I like the L' Occitaine 100% shea butter for night, I think the Shea Butter Hand Cream - Travel Size would be perfect for the day. The creamy balm is enriched with 20% shea butter and contains honey, almond, and coconut oil.



I know many people with extremely dry skin, my sister included, Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Creme has been in her arsenal for as long as I can remember. In addition to helping dry skin, its also good for those with eczema.


If you look in my purse right now, you'll find GapBody mini hand cream in Loveshack. The cream, which contains cocoa seed butter, hazel seed oil and milk thistle, comes in eight delicious scents. It makes my hands super soft without the stickiness and greasiness of some creams .




Lisa's (aka Marge) pick for dehydrated hands is Nivea Creme . Its the same good 'ol Nivea, but in a smaller, more portable tube. Great for hands and all over.



Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream is a favorite of both Shelby and Jamie and has always been a constant in my grandma's medicine cabinet. Started by Norwegian fisherman, this cream is super concentrated, so you only need a dab. There are over 200 applications in one 2 oz. tube!


Bath & Body Works® Signature Collection Hand Cream in Sensual Amber was Erin's (aka Coffey) pick. Dating back to junior high, Bath & Body Works' lotions and creams have always been in my product collection. They always have such yummy fragrances and Sensual Amber is definitely one of the best.



Jackie's favorite for dry hands is Bliss Lemon + Sage Body Butter, a fresh, citrus-scented body butter, enriched with antioxidant vitamins A and E and arnica extract.


Christy's hand cream of choice is Acca Kappa White Moss Hand Cream , which is rich in vitamins A and E, karite butter and aloe vera. Its also formulated with sweet almond oil and enriched with Allantoin, which helps speed up cell regeneration.



Dove Pro Age Hand Cream is a new product I've seen, but was brought back to my attention by Jamie. Its supposed to even tone & texture and aid in the disappearance of age spots and wrinkles. It also contains SPF 5. I always put SPF on my hands when in the sun, its one of the first places your age truly shows. I guess you're never too young!



To soften her intensely dry skin, Brooke uses good 'ol Vaseline Petroleum Jelly and couldn't live without it. Though I don't use it on my hands, I do use it on my eyes every night to help prevent fine lines and wrinkles. Its also a a good eye-makeup remover and helps with diaper rash.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Nicely done! Thanks for sharing